Mold Removal CT Logo
5/5

Call Today!

  • Mon - Fri 9am-5pm

Mold Symptoms

The bad thing about mold is that most people affect won’t even know that it is mold causing their issues. And, this is because the symptoms of mold exposure can easily be mistaken for the common flu or cold. What are you going to think if you suddenly come down with a runny nose or itchy eyes? You are probably going to think it is just the pollen or changing of the weather, right?

This is exactly what most people would think because most individuals don’t even realize that they have been exposed to mold until it is already growing rampantly in their homes. Once this happens, you are looking at an unpleasant situation. Mold can grow in some of the hardest to reach locations like inside walls, heating ducts, and under the floor.

All that aside, you don’t need to freak out just yet because if caught in time and treated properly, you can reverse the symptoms of mold.

 

Most Common Symptoms Associated With Mold

The most important thing is identifying that there might be a problem in the first place. And, the only way to do exactly this is by knowing and understanding the symptoms related to exposure. Some of the most common symptoms related to exposure of mold are:

  • Coughing
  • Migraines or headaches
  • Asthma attacks
  • Wheezing
  • Sneezing
  • Runny nose
  • Irritated throat conditions
  • Shortness of breath
  • Red eyes
  • Itchy eyes

Rapid Onset Of Symptoms

Another thing that you need to be aware of is that the symptoms of mold exposure can come on extremely quick. Of course, there are a number of things that will determine how fast or serve the symptoms are, but you need to know that they can occur within just a few hours after exposure. This is truly frightening when you think about just how severe some of the symptoms can be.

And, of course, the longer you are exposed, the more severe the symptoms will become. Keep in mind that you are probably not the only one in the home. And, if you are getting exposed to the mold in your home then you will not be the only one getting exposed. What’s even more troubling is the fact that mold symptoms can lead to potentially lethal conditions like respiratory infections, skin rashes, memory loss, and scarring of the lung tissue. It is more than important to know and understand these symptoms.

 

Work With The Experts

I know mold sounds bad, and it is bad. However, this doesn’t mean sitting around and stewing about it is going to do you any good. No, you need to take action. Of course, you will want to get your health in check first because you are going to have quite the ordeal ahead of you, depending on the severity of your exposure. After this, you will want to get in touch with a mold removal specialist.

It is even entirely possible that you might have to get in touch with a specialist while you are recovering. Your doctor may need to know the type of mold that you were exposed to as well as the time that you were exposed. A mold specialist can help you ascertain this information. Most doctors will usually just prescribe antihistamines for allergy-like symptoms, but there have been reported cases when other dire courses of action needed to be taken. If the infestation is bad enough, you might end up having to leave the home.

Remember that you are probably not the only one in the home and anyone including your kids and pets could be exposed to the same dangers. This is why it is best to leave nothing to chance when it comes to mold. Always make sure that you are working with competent people. We are here and ready to work with you. To schedule an appointment call (203) 904-2772. At Mold Removal Connecticut (MCT), we leave absolutely nothing up to chance. We can send out an inspector to scan your home dangerous mold growth.

Ready to get started? Call Now

Call us at 203-904-2772